Sunday, March 21, 2010

a frightful suggestion

From time to time, folks here have sent a special figure or two to another one of our bloggers to be photographed for their story lines. Having been honored with such a request, I found it really fun to see my figures featured (cleverly shot so that their clunkiest features are hidden ... I'm not that good a painter!!). I noticed it happening with a few other folks too.
So, it occurred to me that this could become a friendly EvE tradition!
:)
Now I'd suggest that folks actually share two figures for each personality ... a 25+ - 30+ mm "personality figure" for diaramas, etc. and a figure - possibly mounted - in the gaming scale of the host for battlefield participation (especially as a few of these figures would represent various characters with minor guest commands!).
Now obviously, we all are tons behind on our individual painting schedules, but it struck me that this just might be a nice touch to invigorate our brushes?
What do you all think?
:)
Arthur (Frankszonia)

5 comments:

SteveI said...

Arthur
It is always nice to have an 'excuse' to paint something a little different. If you can combine it with a uniform you do not normaly do then so much the better my painting motivation - a project of one or two figures is very achievable.
I did one for The Duchy of Tradgardland and would be happy to do some more should anyone request it.
Steve

Bluebear Jeff said...

I should point out that traditionally general officers ignored regulations as to proper uniforms and wore whatever they liked.

Thus a general could be in a different color uniform than the troops he leads.


-- Jeff

Archduke Piccolo said...

I like the notion ... The trick will be to find a suitable 'personality figure...
Cheers,
Ion

Prinz Geoffrey said...

I'm in. Let me know when and where to send them.

tradgardmastare said...

Great fun as ever!