Monday, April 28, 2008

A letter to Tradgardland


In her study ,Duchess Liv of Tradgardland opened a letter which arrived with a galley today. She read as follows:
Your Graces
Greetings from the Capital of Scotland !
We are soon to engage the enemy - any day now if the intelligence is to be believed. We are confident of the right of our cause and confident we will meet the challenge set before us.
I write to express my gratitude for being allowed to serve the Duchy in ways diverse and discreet for many years now. I pledge my continued loyalty to you both , the Duchy and to the true King of Scotland. I look forward to many years of service continuing.
In the event of my death I have lodged (with a bookseller in the Royal Mile) my manuscript of my Natural History of Tradgardland, along with my memoirs of the campaign and my history of the Apostolic Succession in Tradgardland. I would be obliged if the said manuscripts could be published and any profits be lodged to help provide a library for the Orphans in Nyhavn. Please pray for me as I shall pray for you that in Heaven we may merrily meet.
your servant always
Vonn Bergmann

2 comments:

Gallia said...

Dear Alan,

Excellent letter to the homeland!

I based von Bergmann earlier today. At the moment he decided to be posted with 19 ECW Scots in bonnets I luckily found today for the game on Saturday. This way there are twenty. Should I wind up being on the Britannian side, I'll look out for him. Well, either way I'll look out for him.

Regards,
Bill

tradgardmastare said...

Bill
Many thanks for basing our mutual friend - like many I await the game with great interest...
Alan